Post Top Ad

Monday, July 11, 2016

Check Out The New Instagram Analytics! Use This To Reel In Potential Customers


The new Instagram analytics tool is a HUGE benefit for bloggers to learn more about their audience - great for potential customers!

Instagram recently rolled out a new feature called Insights which provides analytics about a user's account (sort of like what Facebook pages already has). Before signing up for Insights, Instagram asks that you sign in with your Facebook page. 

Insights can be found right on the top right hand corner of your Instagram page, next to the settings button.







BUT, not all IG accounts have the new feature yet as Instagram is still currently testing out Insights. I noticed the update on my blog a couple of days ago and I'm here to share how us bloggers can benefit from this.

So, say you don't have a fancy media kit prepared for potential customers (we'll talk more about media kits in a future post) who are interested in doing business with you. Well, Instagram just made it easier for us bloggers to sell our page to businesses.

You can now view your top posts and really get to know more about the people who are following you. 

With Insights, IG users can now look at their:


  • Engagement - Number of likes & comments on your photo / video
  • Reach - The number of unique accounts that have seen your post
  • Impressions - The total number of times your post has been seen 

A 'View Insights' tab is now available under each post. This is great to know because many people will look at your post, but that doesn't mean every follower who looks will 'like' your post or comment. Now you know your potential reach with each post. 

Insights also includes:


  • Top Location - Top 5 cities/countries of where your followers are from
  • Age Ranges - Both men & women
  • Gender 
  • The hours & days your users are most active on your page

Wow! Really helpful, right!?



Above are my Top posts from the last 7 days
showing the total amount of times those posts have been seen 



Selling Your Blog To A Brand Using Insights

How does this help you the blogger sell your page? Well, now you know even more about your target audience: their location, when they're most active, whether you have more men or women viewing your page and their age group. 

For instance, let's say a hair company in Atlanta is interested in advertising with my Instagram page but they notice I live in New Jersey. Well, before they opt out of not even considering my blog because I'm not local, I can easily show them my stats AND show that Atlanta is my second 'Top Location,' according to Insights. 



I can also sell my page even more and tell the potential customer, the majority of @OooLaLaBlog followers are women within the age range of 25 to 34 which I believe will benefit their hair company. 

Screenshot your Insights and show potential customers. People spending their money on you have a right to want to know if their ad has a chance at being seen by a lot of people on your page. So, show them the potential on your page!

Let the customer know the most active times, the time when most of your followers seem to engage with your page so their ad can be posted during a peak hour. Thanks to Insights, you can now see all of this info!

Below, my Insights lets me know that around 9 p.m. on that particular day is when my followers are most active. So, my customers may want to post their ad at night to receive the most views / interaction:



Tweet: It's all about selling yourself and your brand. If you don't promote your own self, then who will?

It's all about selling yourself and your brand. 

If you don't promote your own self, then who will? 



And, don't worry about having a million followers. Focus on engaging and interacting with your Instagram peeps. Your followers will like to know that you're human, and responding to them is a HUGE plus. They will tend to engage and comment even more on your posts.

I've had people tell me in comments how they like me over other bigger blogs because I actually take the time to reply back to some people. (*I'll post more about creating Instagram chats and custom hashtags in a future post)  


If you haven't already, make sure to check out: Instagram Marketing: Turn Social Media Into Your Side Hustle for more tips on making some dollars on the 'Gram!


Do you have Insights available on your Instagram blog page? If so, how will you use it to your advantage? 

Once you start using Insights, check back in and tell me any changes / growth you've noticed! 



Make sure to follow on:

Follow
12:47:00 PM / by / 6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. Yeeah! I haven't the insight yet on my account but I hope it will come soon ! Am impatient to read about how to build up the instagram following! ;) Thank You!!
    (Papato_celebrities)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yea, I hope the new analytics rolls out for everyone soon

      Delete
  2. Definitely can't wait to get this on my account as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it updates on all Instagram pages soon!

      Delete
  3. Definitely can't wait to get this on my account as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nearly everyone is snared on to one online networking account or the other. In this way, in the event that you need a superior introduction of your profile then you have to begin by purchasing no less than 1000 instagram devotees.hubpeak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...