Post Top Ad

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Can't Find The Job You Want? Create One!


The Dream: Starting Your Own Biz And Working From Home. Your Gifts & Talents = Income!

Last night, I was on a group conference call with the amazing author, entrepreneur and ultimate boss chick herself, Tressa Azarel (she's also the owner of several businesses). 

Tressa is such an inspiration and she got me so pumped up last night during the conference call. She said something very important that stuck out to me ... if you have a gift or talent, something you're good at (you don't even have to be an expert), then you too can run your own business!


Becoming successful at entrepreneurship doesn't mean you need to have a lot of money in the beginning, it means you need to be dedicated and passionate in what you are building. 

You have to believe in yourself for others to believe in you.  

Do you know how many times I've been told "no," and how many times I've been overlooked ... the time an editor told me how much of a great writer I was BUT they decided to go with someone else who has more experience, someone who is more qualified (I just LOVE that line, lol) ... how many times I've asked myself, what the hell is wrong with me? I know I'm qualified but I'm not locking down the jobs I want ... how many times I was told back in college to switch my major because journalism doesn't bring home the money ... or how many times people have doubted the entertainment blog I created. 

I've been fired before, I got laid off from my full-time job two years ago (this was actually a blessing) ... I've been broke to a point that I was transferring my last couple of dollars from my savings account to my checking account just so I can get $3 in gas to get me from point A to point B. 

So when I joke on Instagram about the struggle is real ... I'm really not joking, I KNOW about the struggle, especially in my industry. 

I even quit blogging in 2013 and gave up all together because I was working 60+ hours between two uninspiring jobs at one point and I became exhausted. 

My point in all of this is this: I've been through a lot ... most of us have been through a lot in our career journey. The trick is ... you gotta keep on pushing, honey! 

I'm dead tired sometimes after work sometimes, but I stay up half the night just to write and brainstorm ideas. My passion for writing and blogging keep me up. 

There's no excuse that you work too much and oh, I'm tired ... no, you're just uninspired. Surely you can squeeze in some hours to work on your dream. 

Let's take some steps to get motivated! Let's brainstorm in creating this business related to your talents.

What are you good at? How can you help others? Create a list!


  • Are you an excellent writer or proof reader? Then how about starting up your own website which shows off your services. Offer copy writing services, become a virtual assistant, build up a blog, start writing your first novel! ... anything to showcase your skills and turn it into profit. Share your knowledge!
  • Are you good with arts and crafts? How about opening up an Etsy online store and start selling your dope creations.
  • Are you obsessed with movies? Always up-to-date with the latest shows? How about starting your own blog or guest write for other people's websites and write recaps & reviews. 


Think of a couple of things you are good at and brainstorm the number of ways you can turn your talents into a business startup and profitable income. The possibilities are endless! You need to create opportunities for your potential target market to find you and your business ... promote the hell out of yourself and your skills!

Now, trust me I know you can't just quit your day job right away (unless you're already rich). Start making day-to-day progress to transition your hobby into a full-time gig one day. You have to research your field, plan and get ready to put in the work. Also, be open to take any training courses, workshops or get certified ... anything that will help take you further in your business startup. 

Small steps can make a huge difference!

Also, surround yourself with friends and family who will motivate you. It's always good to be in a clique of people who just get it, ya know? And, if there is no one else who believes in you, you have to always believe in yourself and big up yourself and tell yourself you can do it. 

Plus, I'm rooting for you!

Don't be afraid of failure and don't listen to those who don't think your dreams are practical ... you have to make the attempt or your dreams will be just that, dreams. 

Need some inspiration - read my interview with Sequoia B. and her motivational tips for aspiring entrepreneurs

Need even more inspiration - Check out this amazing Inc. story: After a Starbucks Rejection, This Entrepreneur Raised $2.5 Million to Start Her Own Mobile Cafe


------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to sign up for my amazing newsletter for weekly tips, upcoming posts, exclusive bonuses & future freebies ... I just sent out the Welcome email today (it's FREE!)

Join my new Facebook group to network with other amazing bloggers & entrepreneurs and for more tips ... the perfect place for the everyday boss chick!

www.facebook.com/groups/bossbloggingtips

12:01:00 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...